Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Cousin Rachel - End, The Devotion of Suspect X, Spring Walts Eps 13-14-15

Last night I couldn't help but finish My Cousing Rachel and what can I say, Daphne Du Maurier I love you. Great book and I think it may just be my favorite among her novels.

I have started The Devotion of Suspect X and the only thing I know about the book is that it is best selling crime drama in Japan. It started of very very well. I also like the way Japanese is translated to English. It seems that I like almost all the Japanese novelists I have read and this is not really possible. So it has got to be the translation. Here I obviously exclude Haruki Murakami and Junichiro Tanizaki since I would have loved those two anyway.

And last night I was this close to marathoning Spring Waltz - and I would have done it too if only the time until to go to work would be enough to finish all the five episodes.

Jae Ha's secret is now known by Ina - who is understandably crushed to find out that her real true love has passed away and she has been showering her precious affections on a stranger. She also heard nothing but bad things about Soo Hoo from the woman in the island who just didn't know any better. Now Ina thinks that Soo Hoo was in on the money theft of his father. And the strange thing is that this is what Eun Young thinks too, even though she has strong feelings for Soo Hoo she just can't forget that she had to wake up alone after a big surgery (I wonder where the island woman was) and Soo Hoo didn't keep his promise to wait for her. Well he only agreed to act like the child of a not so sound in the head couple and those fake parents lied to him that you died Eun Young. That is why he never returned back to you. He was the sleeping beauty immersed in his music until you showed and woke him up. He was shocked to find out that Eun Young was indeed his Eun Yeung but the way Eun Young told him her story making Soo Hoo and his father the villains discouraged him to tell her the truth.
Phillip, who seems to be the only sane person around loves and supports Eun Young endlessly. I really would root for these two if only Soo Hoo was not so adorable. The guy looks like a cartoon character and I'm not even kidding. I just want to take him home and treat him as a cute toy. Daniel Henney on the other hand causes other types of fantasies. That man really looks good.
So what does mentally unstable Ina do? She starts to black mail Soo Hoo into giving Eun Young up and live as Jae Ha (who used to love her when they were children) Actually the poor thing went to the fake mother and tried to share her sorrow but fake mama - who maybe even crazier than Ina but the woman lost a child, who am I to judge?- acted like this weird switch never happened. This didn't go down well with Ina who is riding a not very pleasant emotional roller coaster. Her feelings for Soo Hoo dissapeared as soon as she figured out that he was not Jae Ha. And to give her some credit, she was aware that something was wrong with him. His artistic temperament was a convenient explanations to the oddities she has noticed.
After trying a few times Soo Hoo simply cannot avoid Eun Young and make her sad - to prevent her becoming sadder after finding out that he is actually Soo Hoo who she told Jae Ha has left her heart slashed with thorns and that she had a well in her heart filled with all the tears she shed over her mother who died because of Soo Hoo's dad and Soo Hoo.

So while Jae Ha is madly begging Ina to spare Eun Young (and Ina just doesn't know what to do, she actually started to pity Eun Young after making sure that she actually is clueless about everything) Eun Young asks Jae Ha why is he suddenly like this (cold and distant)? She knows that he still cares for her so what is it? Soo Hoo simply cannot find it in him to tell her the truth. I don't know exactly how many things he is afraid of but the most important reason is that he is scared to make Eun Young unhappy.

Also Jae Ha confronted his fake parents about their deception. They confessed with shame and told him that both were afraid that he would leave them if he found out the truth about Eun Young. This is so simple people: first meet Eun Young and explain the deal they made with Soo Hoo so she will know that Soo Hoo  sold himself for her surgery money. Then explain that you both lied to Soo Hoo telling him you are dead. Then welcome her to the family. Eun Young is actually very sweet and after a certain time I'm sure she'll find it in her to forgive them and after finding out the Soo Hoo actually always looked out for him, her feelings for both Soo Hoo and Jae Ha will merge - the way Soo Hoo's did when he found out she was his Eun Young.

As for Ina, I feel sorry for her but she should have kept in touch. 15 years is a long time not to be in touch with your first love. Well now that I feel sad for her I can be generous and wish that she'll get together with Phillip.

Aaaaaand there is the worst parent in this story who is trying to use his current little boy to get more money for himself - old but unchaged and unrepentant, he is trying to ruin another child's life. Well I do not like the boy who plays Kang Go (Soo Hoo's little bro) but no one deserves that evil a father. And it pains me to imagine who would Soo Hoo feel when he meets him (I think he will see him, both he and Eun Young). Stupid evil dad.

Episode 15 ended with Eun Young finding childhood pictures of Ina and real Jae Ha by accident and of course right at that moment Jae Ha/Soo Hop and Ina walk in the office to witness her shock.
It is weird that how Jae Ha and Soo Hoo are almost identical 12 year olds but they never put the long lost twin angle (which would have been the kitchen sink I suppose)

I simply can't wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment