Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Passage to India

A Passage to India found its way to me from an on line second hand book store. Now I have watched Howard'd End and barely remember it. I have watched A Room With A View and didn't really liked it. I was almost going to watch A Passage to India but waited for a better time and I have realised that I have not read any of the novels. Surely I needed to check at least one novel of his out. And I chose this one because, well, India.  And I liked it. This struck me mostly as a mood novel. I think Mr. Forster was among Kazuo Ishiguro's inspirations. It has three distinct sections and tells of an unpleasant event and its after effects. Well it worked for me despite the fact that it was not really an exciting read (I'm not talking about events, I'm talking about not getting excited while reading it).
I'll keep an eye on Howard's End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment