Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lunch box

Lunch box ended up being a critics' darling and a well liked Indie film in India. I was never that eager to watch it, although, now that I think of it, I like most of the Indian indies I have seen.

Maybe lead actor Mr.Irfan Khan was the turn off. I used to like that guy (especially in Maqbool) but now I don't as much. His acting has become self aware and only a star can handle that and this Mr.Khan is not a star.

That's him down here

Photo credit: http://www.movieweb.com

Luckily I really liked the actress, Ms.Nimrat Kaur

Photo credit: http://mimg.sulekha.com

The film was very nice and I liked it a lot. Also shed lots of tears as I usually do during this type of film. All in all it was a fine viewing experience that didn't particulary impressed.
Now one thing made me very happy that I didn't look into this film that much during the height of its popularity was that I was wonderfully surprised by this guy

Photo credit: http://image.songsuno.com/

Mr.Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who is a very very good actor and I hope that he'll not turn into Irfan later in his career. So far I have watched him in Kahaani and Talaash and was very impressed, according to wikipedia he was also in New York, Dev D and MunnaBhai 2 but I haven't recognised him there. Anyway he was great in this one too. A supporting role made really memorable.

All in all I can recommend it even if you don't much care for indie films (my sister doesn't and she seemed to enjoy it a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment