Friday, April 11, 2014

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry
Ok I went in to this one without any prior information. Audible had it and I just didn't have a particular preference at the time. And I like Jim Broadbent (who did a fine job). 

This one ended up being something similar but also different to British chick lit novels (and I like many of them). I loved it despite the small flaws (I'd have edited some repetitive description of scenery, and some of those were really good and inventive but too much). There is a twist in the novel which I started to see coming probably when the author wanted me to. But knowing it wouldn't lessen the reading experience.

This one is very English (you know the type of novel I'm talking about), uplifting and well written. I recommend if you are into this kind of book. 

But it is not a must read if you are into the genre(?).

No comments:

Post a Comment