Tuesday, April 22, 2014

American Gods

Photo credit venturegalleries.com

American Gods is the second novel I have read by Neil Gaiman and it is a great novel. Perfect in everyway. I have listened to the 10th Anniversary Edition and it was so good that I have got blisters on my feet from walking too much (yeah the best time for me to listen a book is while walking).

This novel has everything in it but just at the right doses. There is a tender romance (finally a man who can think about the betrayal of a spouse without actually judging her), a murder mystery (well admitedly not much of a one for me but it was still very interesting to read), a fantasy with characters from different mythologies and science fiction, plus horror. Yeah it doesn't look good on paper but it is one of the finest novels I have read.

And of course now I want to get Audible. I hope that there are not any zone restrictions since if there are, then I won't be able to purchase it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment