Monday, April 28, 2014

Kangchi The Beginning (or Gu Family Book)




Kangchi, The Beginning (or Gu Family Book) was a drama I wanted to watch because I really like Lee Seung Gi and am willing to watch everything because he is in them. I didn't expect to find a drama to enjoy (to be honest I was kind of tired of Korean Dramas, maybe showing symptoms of overdose, not touching one for about a month) but I did, oh how I did!

First off the lead character Kang Chi is a type I love, simply love. The all around good guy who acts good no matter what.

Then there is the lead female character Yo Ul who is strong, independent and a great fighter too. She is also very good and tries to do the right thing very often (but not all the time :) ).

The baddie was the weakest link in the story but he is acted by one of my favorite actors Lee Seung Jae and he was all over the top in turns funny and disgusting (all the time better looking then everyone else). One thing I liked about the main trio of actors is that neither seemed to have plastic surgery. They looked all natural which I can't say for the other hottie in the show; Daddy Gumiho Wolyong who is indeed excellent looking but seemed sort of plastic (or am I being paranoid).

Anyway, I laughed, I cried (oh how I cried, seriously cried) and had a great time with this one. Of course one shouldn't expect logic or even sense but the story is good and lots happen in each episode.

Ok here are some shots of hot daddy Wolyong (doesn't he look plastic?)


Photo credit to https://media.zenfs.com/ko_KR/

Lee Seung Gi is not really a good looking guy but he has amazing on screen presence and somewhere sometime around Episode 2 of Brilliant Inheritence I fell for him and so far he has not dissapointed me.

Bae Suzy, the female lead actor, is critised for not having much acting talent but I liked her. She looked natural and everything about her went well with the part.
I liked their chemistry as well but so far Lee Seung Gi had great chemistry with everyone he starred with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment