Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Son's Room (La Stanza Del Figlio)



The Son's Room was a film I have heard of here and there. Everyone seem to like it. The thing is I'm not really fond of Italian films and as opposed to Ms.Gilbert, hearing the language gets on my nerves (the reverse is true for French and I do like French films, especially the talky ones). So this dvd was cheap and it is an exception as far as film purchases go.

In the end it may just be my favorite Italian film and it is the only film on the list (Ok I have not seen many Italian films but I have seen La Vita e Bella, Il Postino and probably half of La Dolce Vita that's about it). It is a quiet film that packed an emotional punch I didn't see coming. Without even realising it, I was in tears and I didn't even really liked any of these people. I loved their family dynamic though and the way it was broken probably caused all the hurt in me.

Anyway I highly recommend this one if you feel like you can stand a bit of a heartache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment