Thursday, March 7, 2013

Talaash

Talaash surpassed my expectations. As a spoilerphobe I have stayed away from everything about the film and very pleasantly surprised. Expecting a decent whodunnit police procedural I have found a sensitive film about dealing with the loss of a loved one, guilt and as a side story with the life that has been given to you, trying to find a way out. I saw the twist early into the film (well anyone who has watched Sixth Sense probably did) but it didn't take away from anything since I was very much the viewer the whole time. Viewing how a couple tries to go on, how a man is consumed with guilt and filled with what ifs (I like the simple but effective directorial choise in depicting this) the man who everyone thinks a fool using all this intelligence to live a better life - and the women one not only lost a child but also losing her life partner, the other after a revenge that will finally set her free.
All these stories worked for me and I like each character in her/his own way. The performances were all so so good that I forgot I was watching Rani, Kareena, Amir and Nawazuddin. All in all was very satisfied as a viewer.

There were some small faults of course such as overexposition in dialogue, the awkward product placement but they didn't bother me since I like the rest so much.

Meanwhile there is very little left of The Diving Pool and I liked it enough to seek out other novels of this writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment