Thursday, March 14, 2013

Friday Night Lights Eps. 14, A Demon In My View -End, A Theater of Love

Last night I have watched all 5 episodes of Friday Night Lights. Again I'm not in love with it but I like it well enough not to fall asleep and I like how the people are depicted flaws and all (both thematically and visually).
Jason is having a better time (well as best as one can in his situation) now that he has made up with Leila and can focus on his future. I like how eager he was to get married, in need of security and proving that he is worthy of love. I also liked how Herc adviced him on not to make 'the noble sacrifice' and how Jason listened to him. Now if the law suit could be handled in a way that is good for both sides...

I like the Coach which is no surprise because he is a character designed to appeal to both men and women. He is tough but fair to his footballers, he is easy to get along with but knows when to show his teeth with the town's people, he is enlightened enough to understand that the law suit is nothing personal and he is a great husband who listens to and acts upon his wife's advice. He is a good father and he is also very easy on the eyes. What's not to love?

I have finished A Demon in My View and the ending was something I expected (a long time reader of Ruth Rendell) but I'm not complaining since it is yet another winner of a book as far as I'm concerned.

Now as usual I have gone to the opposite direction and started Barbara Cartland's A Theater of Love and now I understand that maybe I shouldn't have read so many of her novels as a kid (I really was a kid 7-8 years old) she has ruined regular men for me. Her male characters are so so good. And this Duke (isn't it almost always a Duke) is wonderful in everyway. Besides, his first name is Sheldon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment