Friday, March 22, 2013

I Spit On Your Grave - Remake

After a night of exercise (having to take my deliveries from the central office of the delivery company) I have decided to watch

I Spit On Your Grave right away. First off I liked the original a lot better. This one looked as if to be made only for the shock value of how disgusting the revenge ends up being. And it was - even I, who is pretty much sanitised to on screen violence- had to look away at one scene. But gone are the thoughtful script, internal conflicts of the victim and the mindset of the perpetrators. They added an element of surprise that didn't carry a single element of suspense. All in all this was not a good purchase but at least I didn't fall asleep.


Meanwhile Hot Ice turned out to be an adventure romance (in the vein of films such as Romancing the Stone, Fool's Gold etc.) and it is not bad and I'm having a good read but it is not that impressive. But it is an old book where everyone smokes indoors and there is not one single mobile phone in sight which turned out to be one of its charms.


No comments:

Post a Comment