Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Toni Erdmann

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Toni Erdmann I wanted to watch this for a long time. But not as much as to actively seek it out. I'm not very good with comedy so I didn't think I'd be very much entertained. And not surprisingly I was wrong. I actually laughed out loud at two places - remembering one of them still makes me laugh-. It has an unusual plot. An out of the norm middle aged man visits his daughter in Romania after his very old dog passed away. He wanted to celebrate her birthday because he realised when he saw her at a party (a fake b-day party) that she is not happy, in fact she lies to everyone that she is talking on the phone when in fact she just sits in the garden. Anway this man is a bit weird but in a good way. He carries fake teeth in his pocket and sometimes wears them. Anyway they had a not so good weekend and he leaves. But he comes back and involves himself in her work and private life. She sort of goes along with it and eventually we see that despite her stuck up appearance she is not that different from her father after all. I love this film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment