Friday, September 8, 2017

Stranger Things

Photo credit:www.imdb.com


Stranger Things was a TV show I stayed away most probably because it got all the attentiona and is loved by everyone. I should really shake that stupid habbit of staying away from popular stuff (I would have missed reading Harry Potter of Game of Thrones novels if the -different- sales people insisted that I gave them a try).

Of course this ended up being something I thoroughly enjoyed despite being ill. It is from the 80s (my teen years!) and it is a horror show but an emotional one. There is also experiments on gifted kids (I immediately remembered Firestarter AND the show made a reference to it), nerdy kids helping out to a super gifted but socially incompetent kid who escaped the lab. Young love and friendship. And Winona Ryder who is excellent in this and aged so well without visible plastic surgery or botox or collagen.

I highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment