Monday, April 10, 2017

Julieta

Photo credit: www.latinpost.com

Julieta is probably my least favorite film of Almodovar filmography (and I think I have seen them all). It just didn't have the soul, that certain spark Mr. Almodovar usually brings to his films. I didn't like the actress who played older Julieta either. She was good but not alive (maybe she was not supposed to be but I just couldn't feel the tragedy). I have found out on line that this is adapted from an Alice Munro short story but it doesn't have the sparks of the other Almodovar adaptation The Naked Flesh (from a Ruth Rendell novel). I don't know I almost fell asleep at some point and this doesn't happen to me during an Almodovar viewing. Just make sure that you watch other films from this director to get an idea of his talent - not this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment