Friday, April 7, 2017

Narcos

The actor: Wagner Moura  (photo credit: www.radikal.com.tr)


The real Escobar (in the same time frame) - Photo credit: colombianspanish.co

Narcos is a well done TV show. Good acting, good script and great visuals, sets and costumes. The only thing is that I'm not very much interested in the subject (and fell asleep and rewatched some episodes). The thing I like best about the show is that -to me at least- Escobar never invited sympathy. He was a monster and is shown as a monster. I felt cold towards him even at some of the more emotional scenes (such as his confrontation with his father, worrying about this family etc.) I never once felt bad for him. The actor was very talented but unfortunately didn't look like the guy. The show also shows some of the real life photos/ footage of the characters and not many of them look like the real characters, however Escobar was a well know person (even I had heard of him) and the way he looks is very much in memory. This actor didn't look like him and they didn't age him well.

All in all I can recommend this as a depiction of the rise and fall of a drug gang boss and the hunt to catch him (very satisfying end). I was not all excited for the next episode as much as the majority but all in all I'm pleased with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment