Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Still The Water

Photo credit: http://images.smh.com.au

Still The Water is directed by Naomi Kawase whose The Mourning Forest I saw and liked (at Antalya Film Festival) actually there was a Q&A after the film and it was a good discussion - to her surprise all the viewers wanted to talk about literature and it kind of pissed her off a little bit-. Anyway I liked the film and I liked this one too. Make no mistake, this is a festival film with long silences and tells its story visually without much dialogue (although not as sparse as a Kim Ki Duk film).

It is a contradiction that I love this type of film being a chatterbox. Also this film's locale -an island in Japan- felt a lot like Hawaii. I enjoyed it a lot and will recommend if you are into artsy films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment