Thursday, September 10, 2015

Child 44 (the film)

Photo credit: spyhollywood.com

Child 44 ends up not a good adaptation. As usual the book is better. Oddly enough I saw it at some list or other on internet saying that the best selling novel is going to be film starring Tom Hardy. I like the guy. He is hot and a good actor too. His co star is Noomi Rapace and I also like her a lot. Furthermore they were both very good in The Drop (good film).

Well the novel, I liked a lot and actually put the novelists other book on to purchase list. But it has its failings the main being a serial killer story in a period foreign setting. Stalin Russia. Anyway the film didn't do much with that. Everyone is speaking English with a Russian accent (now this is a pet peeve of mine, if you are going to make them speak English, do so, why the accent? If you are after authenticity then make them speak Russian) The cast is all well and good but of course they made some changes and the cinematography was so dark that I wouldn't be able to tell who is who if I hadn't read the novel .

All in all, I'm glad I didn't pay for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment