Thursday, September 10, 2015

Reign of Assassins


Reign of Assassins is a film I remember liking the first time I saw it but I loved it this second time. First off the cast is really good and they are actors I like. The story is interesting, revenge and love and desire to obtain. It has that clean, uncluttered cinematography I really like with lots of close up shots and action is dynamic, clear and entertaining. 

I also liked the fact that the female lead Michelle Yeoh is clearly older than the male lead Jung Wu Sung. It always seems to be the reverse in global film industry and I applaud the filmmakers' decision. And there is Barbie Hsu, I love her ever since Meteor Garden and she is really great looking with a nice sense of acting (I'm not going to go as far as saying that she is a good actress but she is decent and has a good on screen presence). I like Jung Wuu Song and he did a great job. 

I didn't remember much from this film so it felt like the first time and I was in tears by the end. Recommended. 



No comments:

Post a Comment