Monday, June 30, 2014

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Photo credit: http://1.bp.blogspot.com

What's Eating Gilbert Grape is one of those films everyone saw and somehow I didn't. And this is despite loving Leonardo Di Caprio.

Ok confession time. I don't really like Lasse Halström films. I tried to and I have watched

Something To Talk About (one of the few Julia Roberts starring films that I don't care about), The Cider House Rules (never left a trace), Chocolat (ugh), and Casanova (probably my fave of the bunch).

Now here comes another confession, so far that was deeply hidden in my subconscious. I don't really care for Johnny Depp. There, I said it. I like Captain Jack Sparrow and Edward Scissorhands but that's about it. So I'm not into seeking films he starred in. And I guess I wanted to leave one film of Dicaprio to be on my "to watch" list (yes I have seen them all). And this happens to be his most acclaimed performance. And it is a great one. But the film was not really meant for me and it was yet abother Hallström film that left me with a feeling of "meh". 

No comments:

Post a Comment