Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Atlas Shrugged


Atlas Shrugged While vaguely aware that I do not agree with Ms.Rand's ideas, nevertheless I had grabbed this one for 1 USD at a secondhand bookshop in Berkeley. And FINALLY was able to finish it. In the end I definitely do not agree with Ms.Rand's ideas and thought the book was decent but sermonising and preaching to the extreme. However I liked the romance scenes and thought that Ms.Rand would have made a very  successful romance novelist if she had chosen that path.

All in all I'm happy that I have read it, found some interesting things in it and sometimes enjoyed it a lot while disagreed almost all the time. The prose appealed to me though and I wished that she was right next to me sometimes so that I could discuss stuff with her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment