Monday, June 2, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

The Fault In Our Stars did not enter in my curiosity zone because of it being a YA weepy. Then they decided to make a film about it and both the novel and film (not yet released) have been getting such a buzz that I was not able to ignore them anymore. So I borrowed my colleague's old kindle once again and gave this a go. Aaaaaand it is nothing special but recommended if you like a weepy. Yes it made me bawl and I had to reach for the tissues. I didn't like either of the kids and their smarty pants discussions (it worked for me in Juno but not since then - I kind of liked it in Vampire Academy the film too-) but I can't hold a grudge to two teens with terminal cancer. What I liked best about the book was the way the writer treated them a nice evening, I thought that was very kind on the characters and the reader since through my tears I kept thinking well they'll alway have Oranjee....

Stay away if you are not into melo but if you are then it is not a bad time waster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment