Monday, June 2, 2014

The Handmaid's Tale

The Handmaid's Tale is the novel that made start on my Margaret Atwood love. The reason I got The Blind Assasin was that I "looked inside" of The Handmaid's Tale at amazon.com. It was love at first sight. And the novel is great (not surprisingly I suppose). My only complaint is that I have listened it (and this went so well in Maddaddam triology) and Claire Danes didn't do it justice. In fact if the prose was not that beautiful it may easily have turned off someone who was not already enamoured with the novel. Ms.Danes was overacting which sort of killed one of the things I love about Ms.Atwood's prose, its simplicity. Every word and emotion were shouted. Anyway to me it was a minor annoyance but wanted to note it if anyone's thinking of getting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment