Monday, January 20, 2014

The Joneses

The Joneses  Well I'm not much of a fan of David Duchovny and do not especially care for Demi Moore but after reading someone praising her performance in this (at some random list somewhere, maybe flavorwire??) and when it showed up on my tv screen I decided to give it a go. And I didn't know anything about it. Well I liked it very much. First off it had that clean cinematography and close up shots. I also liked the film's story. The Joneses are a family of hired salespeople and the sale is done by being fabulous and making all your neighbours, golf buddies, hair dresser buddies, school buddies etc. think that they'd be like you if they use the stuff you do. The whole thing had horrible consequences for some weak souls in the film and I liked how the story made us see the uselessness of being like that. The thing is people around me are like this and even though this is actually a flaw of character to feel like that, I'm glad I'm not one this type of person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment