Monday, November 11, 2013

Under The Hawthorn Tree, Seconds Apart, Oz The Great and Powerful, The Great Chef Eps. 1, 2 & 3

 Under The Hawthorn Tree  Zhang Yimou has always been a fave director of mine. This one is a huge weepy but told in his great storytelling style, with wonderful actors and good characters. It is so hard to meet good characters in films nowadays. They are not as complicated I suppose. But I love them and I loved this film. Also whatever political concerns he had was subtly presented.

Oz The Great and Powerful Good intentions, decent visuals and I watched it to the end. James Franco is so likable no?

Take This Waltz  Only watched this one because of good cinematography and art direction. It was so visually pleasing that I didn't mind the whole unnecessaryness of the story.

Seconds Apart yet another horror film that put me to sleep.

I have started The Great Chef last night and despite the fact that there is not much romance and Nam Sang Mi is such a Kim Sun Ah acting as Sam Soon wannabe that it is kind of annoying. I plan to go on with it since FOOD. Great visuals of food being sourced, prepared and presented. I also like challenges etc. and these episodes are all about that. Also Sung Chan is a character I like best a good person.

Meanwhile sadly The Blind Assasin approaced to the end. And it gets better and better with each page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment