Monday, February 25, 2013

The Woman, Chronicle, Paris - Manhattan, Seven Below, The Heart of Me, Gone Girl - End, Allah Beni Böyle Yaratmış

This weekend I was once again cooped up at home and it was just what I needed. I felt a bit under the weather. So I have watched films and read.

The Woman - directed by Lucky McKee. This one was good, very good. Not only the gore was organic looking but also the acting and camera were all top notch. Acting was great too and all in all I'm very happy.

The Heart of Me - directed by Thaddeus O'Sullivan. Now this one was depressing. I like Helena Bohnam Carter and Paul Bettany. And they were doomed lovers in this film and I felt down after watching it.

Paris - Manhattan - directed by Sophie Lellouche. This is a cute French rom com and I enjoyed it very much. But the lead female actor Alice Taglioni was too pretty for the part. Other than it was good.

Seven Below - directed by Kevin Carraway. This one was bad. I actually fell asleep for about 5 minutes somewhere past the middle and it didn't make any difference. Generic and a waste of time.

Chronicle - directed by Josh Trank. I liked it very much. First of this was a good example of docu-fiction type filmmaking. The actors were very good, the story extremely well told. I felt for the characters and were rooting for them.

Gone Girl ended as marvellous as it began. I like this writer and find her getting better with each book. My favorite parts are where she writes about Middle America and her observations. I also like the little touches like when a character eats a sandwich, the tomato slips down and falls on her tigh. These all appeal to me but I also like the twist without making it TWISTy. Everything in it made sense but in a hyper real way. It is nice to read books like that.

Now I have started a different book by a less talented writer. Internet phenomenon Pucca's third book is titles as Allah Beni Böyle Yaratmış (lit.Translation God has Created Me Like This) Although it is not as good as her first book, I like this one better than the second one so far. It also makes me laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment