Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thousand Day Promise - End, Standing in Another Man's Grave - End, Yıldız Yaralanması

Thousand Day Promise ended on a predictably sad note. Despite the fact I don't hate this drama (here is a note, the only drama I completely disliked but finished only because of So Ji Sub hotness - Cain and Abel, and I stopped watching Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy altogether), I don't see the point of it either. Yes a young, smart, pretty woman who had a sucky life (father died, mother left them when she was 6 - she had to live with her paternal aunt with his younger brother and even though the aunt and uncle and their male cousin were all nice to them, they never felt like they belonged) got into an affair with the man she loves from way back (a close friend of her cousin) even though he is engaged and will get married to his childhood sweetheart. Then she is diagnosed with amnesia. Then the man was not able to leave her for a few reasons mostly because he is a good guy, they get married and she realises that she is pregnant. She gives birth and detoriates slowly and then dies. Yep that is the drama. Well written, not insulting to watch, definitely well acted especially by the leads but what was the point? Mediocre purchase. I loved the soundtrack though.

Standing in Another Man's Grave Perfect crime novel. I love Rebus and I liked him even more with this one.

I have started

Yıldız Yaralanması (lit.trans would be something like Star Injury) written by one of my favorite Turkish novelists Perihan Mağden. I like her style and the plot is interesting though again with mother issues (in fact I find this similar to İki Genç Kız - Two Young Girls). I like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment