Monday, January 14, 2013

Appassionata - End, Nefes Nefese, The Avengers, Thousand Day Promise Eps.I-II-III

Appassionata ended very nicely. Although it is not as good as the sonata whose known title it shares, I like the book because I have fondness for English chick novels.

Now I have started a Turkish chick novel called Nefes Nefese (we can translate it as "Breathless") I suppose but no, it is not a bonk buster, it is about second world war and the Turkish diplomats who helped Jewish people to escape from Europe. The story's focused on a couple - woman Muslim and very rich, man Jewish and from a good family but not as rich. When both families equally oppose to their union (rich Muslim family wants a Muslim son in law, otherwise this guy is perfect - Jewish family wants a Jewish daughter in law - she is otherwise a great catch). So the couple get married without family approval and then move to France but now it is second world war and France is under invasion.

Also I have finally watched The Avengers and I'm not really impressed although it was fun to watch. I didn't think it was all that. But then again I never really liked the other Avenger films with the exception of Hulk one and two (I think the second one was the real Avenger film) which makes me the only person who is not that fond of Ironman.

And I have started yet another Korean melodrama called Thousand Day Promise. I got this one cheap in LA and despite the fact that I know what's going to happen - having read the recaps at dramabeans- I'm really enjoying this since it has great leads. Su Ae is not an actor I consider pretty but her performances are always top notch. In this one she is a woman who had been in a relationship with an engaged man planning to end it when the wedding date is set. The man is in love with her for a long time but they kept themselves apart because of their different social standing. Man is rich but his father is working for a rich cheabol whose daughter he is engaged to. This fiancee is one who loved him for a long time and he sort of responded by sleeping with her. He never thought to follow up his feelings for our heroine who is an orphan (well her mom left her and her brother and dissappeared - this happened when she was six) raised by her paternal aunt and recently moved to another house (flat) with her brother. They were well looked after, the Aunt is loving and Uncle in Law is not bad either. Despite the extreme jelaousy of the female cousing, the male cousin (our hero is his close friend, and that is how they first met) treats them like a good brother.

And right after she ended her affair she finds out that she has Alzheimer's. No cure. Well one would expect makjang with that but the melo is suprisingly clean. I'm loving it for a change because the performances are very good, the PD has a great artistic eye and the music is lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment