Monday, January 28, 2013

I Spit On Your Grave, Journey 2 Mysterious Island, Independence Day, The Sitter, The End of Summer, The Ruler of Your Own World - Eps.1-6, I Claudius

I has been hectic and I haven't time to update  here is what I remember


Journey 2 The Mysterious Island This was not so good but I like The Rock and enjoyed it.

The Sitter  This was not very good

The End of Summer despite loving Ozu San, this film tried my patience. I was able to finish it in three tries. It was like a sleeping pill for some reason.

I Spit On Your Grave well, it was relatively tame in comparison with all the SAWs, Hostels etc. but it was conscientiously made and interesting.

The Ruler of Your Own World This oldie turned out to be so good and I'm very much into it the end of Episode 6, where our OTP has confessed finally. It is an unlikely pairing but I'm rooting for them. Kyung has a more handsome, rich suitor who can also help with her profession but she is not happy with him even though he is funny and entertains her. But when she is with our protagonist Bok Su she shines. He doesn't have a regular job, he is an ex convict, a former thief, he is not handsome and he has loads of baggage but he is a good guy and he is good to/for her. So she chooses him. I love it.

Bok Su has a girlfriend too, Mi Rae a professional cheerleader (for a baseball team I think) aspiring to be a nurse (she is I think in her late 20s early 30s so she'll need to quit cheerleading soon) and she loves Bok Su but when he gave up his life as a pickpocket and got interested in being a stuntman (maybe because Bok Su has an inoperable brain tumour and will die soon) she asked him to choose between her and being a stuntman (she doesn't want to take the risk of him being crippled and she having to take care of him). Well at least she is honest, I guess.

And I love love love these two. The keyboard player, song writer and an ex con thief current apprentice stuntman - well it looks ridiculous on paper but it works, oh how it works...

This is also a weird choice for me since I do not like any of the four lead actors and only got this because it was sooooo cheap. Probably because it is old.

Yıldız Yaralanması ended on an upbeat note, which is not typical for Perihan Mağden and I'm very happy with it.

I have started I, Claudius written by Robert Graves. I seem to remember old BBC series my family used to love but I only remember the name. Now I think I'll seek it out since the novel is very interesting. I do not feel compelled to pick it up but when I do I dive right in.




No comments:

Post a Comment