Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Pari

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Pari is a film I thought I'd watch because I watched a roundtable interview with the lead actress Anushka Sharma (I don't mind her, neither love, nor hate) and the parts about the film there were interesting. And I know Pari is not a very scary thing. Ok here is something about me, I'm not easily scared by horror films anymore and usually fall asleep during many of them, however when it comes to jinns then I'm so scared that I can't even watch the film (jinn turned out to be a gold mine for Turkish horror cinema and I have not watched even one because I got so scared even while watching the trailer). So I soon realised that this one is a jinn film. I couldn't turn it off though since I was hooked on it. The way they handled the well known story (a jinn falling for and/or seducing a human) in a different manner. It is kind of a little bit scary love story. The lead character Ruhksana is the daughter of an Ifrit (very bad level of jinn, like the nazis of humans) and a human (ifrit raped the poor woman but it is not explicitly shown with a good excuse that ifrits can not be seen by the humans so it was not very very scary in that regard).  And there is a cult of people (the lead guy is a muslim) who murder the children of the ifrit. Well in this film we get to know and like Rukhsana (very good performance by Ms. Sharma here) and she falls for the guy who give her shelter and care. Of course things go very bad in the end but it is a hopeful end, not for Rukhsana but for the remaining good humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment