Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A Star Is Born (2018)

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

A Star Is Born is a story I like. I have watched the 70s version when I was too young to do so, and I love the Turkish version. And the odd thing is that this film was not very good (apart from the cinematography, I love the many many close ups on the faces of the actors) but I liked it and cried rivers (yes not the silent tears, I actually bowled and needed the tissue box). This is probably due to director Bradley Cooper honing his already there melodrama skill from Clint Eastwood. Mr. Eastwood whose political opinions never appeal to me, knows the type of melodrama I love and this film has that certain trait. As for the acting, Bradley Cooper is a competent actor I don't really care for. I love Lady Gaga as a musician and think her very nice. Her performance was a bit uneven in the film but I can see that she has talent and if she ever finds a director to channel it properly then she'll be a good actress too. The songs were nice (I don't like Shallow but the rest of the songs were very good) and contributed to the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment