Thursday, April 25, 2019

Dororo 2019 (Season I)

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Dororo (2019) Season I  I chose because the animation style reminded me of Inuyasha only more somber which I really really like. And the plot seemed very interseting too. And I LOVED especially the first 12 episodes. It became a bit different in the last two episodes though I can't quite point my finger on how. Anyway this is a crazy anime in which one of our heroes is a man whose body is taken away by demons upon his father's request in exchange for prosperity and power. He is found by a samurai who has redempted after killing innocents and starts to make prosthetics for the needy (ok these are from wood since we are in an AU which is similar to the warring states times of Japan) and he finds this hideous looking baby and makes prosthetics for the missing organs and parts of his body and teaches and trains him to be a good fighter. Despite his lack of organs he is a very good demon hunter and sometimes if he kills the right demon he gets a part of his body back. At the end of season I he was still blind (only being able to see the aura of things) but he got his spine, nose, one of his legs, both ears and his face back. The titular Dororo is a teenager whose parents are good rebels. his father is killed upon a betrayal and his mother died from hunger (much later). She pretends to be a boy and very street smart but totally kind hearted. They meet and go on the journey together.

I really liked this one and wish to continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment