Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Gully Boy

Photo credit:www.imdb.com

Gully Boy surprised me when I was actually looking for Simmba on AP and I decided to give it a go since I'm on a Indian film wave right now and heavily crushing on Ranveer Singh. I failed to see the gem he turned out to be in Band Baaja Baarat and I was not impressed with him enough to seek other films of his. But at Padmaavat I was completely sold and this one cemented it. He stopped being Ranveer Singh, the superstar but became Murad a Muslim who lives in a getto and tries to get out. I also loved Alia Bhatt (both actress and the character) seen below in character.

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Everything seemed organic and the story very engaging. My favorite scene was when Murad confesses that he wants to pursue rap despite not being sure of how successfull he maybe, Saafina says "you do what you want, I'm going to be surgeon, we'll have the good life" and he is happy with that. I love it when men are happy with women being the bread winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment