Monday, February 22, 2016

Sleeping With Other People

Photo credit: www.avclub.com

Sleeping With Other People was lying there on Dvdigi list and I didn't want to check it out since I don't really like Jason Sudeikis and fail to think of him as a rom com lead. It was going to be my loss since I loved the film despite the fact that I didn't have anything in common with anyone in the film and the leads are not conventional rom com leads. First off I loved it that the film treated the women the same way as men. And I loved the relationship of the leads. This is totally a first world problem film but it is sensitive and entertaining.

The leads meet in college and they sleep together and it is the first time for both. The female lead Lainey is obsessed with another guy and she keeps having sex with that guy and this ruins the normal relationships she has. The male lead is an asshole who tries to argue his infidelities in the nastiest ways possible and these two meet again after 12 years at a sex addict meeting. And as they start a strictly non sexual relationship they start to heal each other and actually start to lead more normal lives. And the only things that stood between these two are their own feelings and insecurities.

Surprisingly I recommend since I loved both leads and their side kicks and secondary males/females. 

No comments:

Post a Comment