Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The India Fan

The India Fan is I think the first time I'm introduced to Victoria Holt and nom de plume for a very prolific writer. I like it very much because maybe the heroine is smart, intelligent, sensible but ready for new experiences and adventure. She suffers some but the journey of her finding love was interesting to me. And she is not the heroine where she is very pretty but for some reason not so by a lot of people in the novel. She is not pretty at all, in fact plain looking but the writer stresses the point that beauty is only skin deep and one should not depend only on it in life. In fact an extremely beautiful but shallow character has a terrible end. Anyway I liked it a lot and happy that I chose it at the second hand book fair despite the bad condition (it kept on disintegrating as I'm reading it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment