Sunday, November 29, 2015

Flowers in the Attic

Flowers in the Attic is a novel I have read years and years ago. Since I was a child that far back then, the novel obviously flew by my head. It is not a particularly good novel (not good enough to make me want to read the sequels) but the subject matter is horrifying. A mother for whom wealth and prestige mean more than her children (born out of incest) and those children who are locked up in the attic with only an overly religious, mean grandmother to supervise them. Anyway looking at the photo I realise that the cover art is horrible. Anyway these kids were normal kids with various talents but this experience had awful consequences both for their physce and physique.

I recommend as a timepass to be horrified at places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment