Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Villiage Doctor Jumbo

Villiage Doctor Jumbo

Now what's with me and low brow entertainment. This Japanese drama doesn't have good performances (in fact it is full of bad ones), it has low production values, a generic story (which was the hook in this purchase) and piles of melodrama acted in a silly manner. And I loved it. Cried, smiled and generally entertained despite the fact that it is not good at all.

Jumbo is the nickname of an unusual, highly skilled doctor who comes to a villiage clinic that is about to be shut down due to the old owner being deceased. He left his daughter, an inexperienced but good hearted nurse who knew Jumbo when he was young and a nice person. Now he is rude, money obsessed and strange. So is the nurse who happens to be a first class operating nurse who has arrived upon his invitation. They must endeavour to keep the clinic alive fighting the evil genius surgeon who just wants the clinic to merge with the fancy hospital he works in and also destroy Jumbo because of a personal vendetta.

Oh my God as I type this all of its faults grin at me and I still like it. I won't recommend this one but I enjoyed it very very much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment