Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Opapatika

(Yeah looking at the dvd cover one would think this film would be exciting)


Opapatika, or shall I say, major fail, is definitely not my type of film. Pulled it out of the bargain bin lured by its Thai and action origins (Thais make good action films) but severely dissapointed. This one decided that it will be an art film and an action/horror/fantasy. And this is not really a combination many can handle (in fact I can only count Ashes of Time as the film that successfully pulled this off). The action is not interesting. The story is so bad it is not even good. And the characters sit and muse about their lives over and over again. Of course I fell asleep at one point but am stubborn and decided to complete it by rewinding. There was not even eye candy who suited to my taste :(

Anyway this one was not a winner, and I don't recommend even if you are into action and/or art films. This hybrid will waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment