Monday, February 20, 2012

Country Strong, True Grit (remake)

Country Strong There is not much new here, a famous singer gets out of rehab too soon in order to make a comeback. There is an idealist song writer and a young singer that is just starting up. Also the husband who is also the famous singer's manager. Now I don't know why but this film touched me so much so that I was crying fat tears by the end of it. The performances were nothing special and I never liked Gwyneth Paltrow (who stars as the famous singer) but for some reason I liked it very very much. Maybe because I like American country music (but the songs were not that special either, come to think of it). Anyway I may even have to get the dvd for that one.

True Grit (the remake) It was good. A lot better than I expected. I liked the cinematography and the script. The actors were fine too.

I have started much loved Korean drama City Hunter and after 4 episodes in I'm struggling with it. I cannot pinpoint the reason but I keep falling asleep while watching it. Maybe this will change and I'll keep going. I purchased it after all.

My dvd player takes about 40 minutes to show colours. So I bought a new one. But it is such a hassle to actually put there (and I'm kind of scared that it may not work)

Luckily another purchase of mine, a leather jacket, turned out really fine. A perfect fit too (suprising no?) Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment