Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Croupier, Chokher Bali - The Girl Who Played With Fire - End & Socialite Evenings

Croupier (1998) Directed by Mike Hodges, written by Paul Mayersberg
I liked it but it was too unnecessarily ambigious towards the end. Clive Owen is a delight in any case and I enjoyed watching him.

Chokher Bali (2003) Directed by Rituparno Gosh who also has written the screenplay adopting it from a novel by Rabindranath Tagore.
I liked this one too and Aishwarya Rai was really good in it. That woman is so beautiful, one can't help but feel good watching her.

I have finished The Girl Who Played With Fire and it was good to the last drop. Salander was my favorite character in The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo and it was good to read more about her.

I have started Socialite Evenings written by Shobha De and it not really bad but I'm not loving it, only liking it well. There is nothing special about this novel as far as I'm concerned although the story is interesting but doesn't really sizzle. I think maybe you have to be a rich Indian to really get it or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment