Friday, April 16, 2010

Chellata

Yet another blind buy in India that turned out to be good. Perhaps it is not entirely a blind buy since I have read about the lead actor and some of his film on internet and when I saw his face on the cover I just went ahead and purchased it.

Chellata (2006) Directed and written by M.D Sindhar. I'm not 100% sure about the writing part since I cannot really find information about who wrote it on net.
I liked it very much. It is a rom com heavy on the com and the people looked really real. It is a bit sad that most of the actors around now has mixtures of plastic that one feels better when watching real looking people on screen.
The lead actor Ganesha is really cute like a stuffed animal. Despite not being a very good dancer nor really acting that well I enjoyed watching him on screen and was firmly rooting for him to find happiness. My first Kannada film ended being really nice.

Meanwhile The Piano Tuner is just as good towards the end but I feel that the ending will not be happy one. Not that this is a book that completely relies on the plot but as I remember the the beginning of the book describing a scene I presume towards the end, I feel that our protagonist the titular piano tuner will not be able to return to England from Burma. Let's see what will happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment