Monday, April 12, 2010

Various Films, Socialite Evenings - End, The Piano Tuner

This weekend I have watched :-
Paa (2009) Directed and written by R Balki.
I liked it very very much despite some stupid things happening in it. The family drama felt very real and touching. Needed lots of tissues since I couldn't stop crying. Amitabh Bachchan, great actor.

The Emperor's Club (2002) Directed by Michael Hoffman, written by Ethan Colnin (short story), screenplay Neil Tolkin.
I was expecting a school melodrama a la Dead Poets Society but this one was more interesting. It told the story of a teacher who gave a wrong decision and failed (as far as ethics, morality etc. are concerned). I enjoyed it very much despite Kevin Kline whom I dislike very much for no particular reason. The man is a good actor but I can't like him. I liked the film though.

He's Just Not That Into You (2009) Directed by Ken Kwapis, written by Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein, adapted from the book by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tucillo.
It was not bad but it was not that good either. Just bland. But I watched it to the end and had the obligatory tears (just a couple) at some point.

Zoolander (2001) Directed by Ben Stiller, written by Derek Sather, Ben Stiller and John Hamburg
This is a fave of mine and I laugh out loud no matter how many times I have seen it before.

I have finally finished Socialite Evenings and started The Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason. So far it is very good and I hope that it will continue to be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment