Monday, April 26, 2010

Various films, 3 Mistakes of My Life - End, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall

This weekend was a good one filmwise
Mystic Pizza (1988) Directed by Donald Petrie, written by Amy Holden Jones, Parry Howze, Randy Howze and Alfred Uhry.
I liked it very much. No suprise given my love of romantic films + Julia Roberts (who was wonderful in it)
Devdas (2002) Directed by Sanjay Leela Bansali, written by Sanjay Leela Bansali and Prakash Kapadia from the book written by Saratchandra Chatterjee.

I loved it. Lush, exquiste decors, costumes - art direction, beautiful cinematography, great dances and attractive leads who can act. Loved it better the second time.

I watched The Proposal a second time when I came across it on TV and liked it just as much.

Maqbool (2003) Directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, written by Abbas Tyrewalla and Vishal Bhardwaj, from Macbeth by William Shakespeare.
It is a good film but not a good Shakespeare adaptation. Still I was captivated till the end.

3 Mistakes of My Life ended the usual Chatan Bhagat way (and I'm not complaining) and now I started another book I got from the book fair. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brönte. I like it well enough so far but it doesn't have the same energy as Austen or Hardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment