Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bombay & Shantaram - End, The Girl Who Played With Fire

I have finally finished Shantaram, it didn't get better but got slightly worse towards the end. I like the author and I was in tears at the very touching ending but his prose has problems that come out as you keep reading and I decided that I would have liked this book better if it was just 150 pages or something like that.

Last night I have seen
Bombay (1995) directed and written by Mani Ratnam, dialogues by Umesh Sharma.
Loved it to bits. I was crying by the end and desperately wanted the film to have relative happy ending (I remember this also happened at Always: Sunset in the Third Street). Mani Ratnam is a good story teller and he has a way with his actors.

The Girl Who Played with Fire, the second book of the Millenium series and I got right into it loving is even better than the first one. I liked the female character better in the first novel and this novel started with her. I like the way Stieg Larsson describes things in a matter of fact way but somehow making them really interesting and a joy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment