Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jumong End

Yes I have completed the total 81 episodes last night and I even watched a special TV programme featuring the actors and a lame making of. The NGs were nice but after such a huge production, one expectes a better TV show. It was funny to see the actors without the period costumes.

Jumong is one of the best shows I have seen, every episode packed with excitement and enough emotion to burst me into tears (I have to admit this is not very a hard thing to do).

In fact I was thinking of how well I was holding myself in the last episode until the seperation of Hyupbo and Sayong scene. I didn't know where the tears came from but it felt so touching with Hyupbo crying and Sayong holding himself in order not to cry. It just turned the taps on.

I really admired Sosuhno in this one since she actually kept her word and left with her two sons to establish a new nation in South.

Jumong became allies (this time for real) with Daeso (who never liked Jumong but finally understood that he needed to side with him in order to achieve a victory) after his father the King was assasinated by the Han. Youngpo had just joined the King on Daeso's orders.

Well it all ended on a bittersweet note with Sosuhno leaving Jumong and Koguryo, and Yesoya being the empress and Yuri the crown prince. It said in the end that Sosuhno's younger son Onjo helped to build a nation called Baekche.
Daeso was killed by Jumong's grandson (Yuri's son) and after his death, Puyo perished.

Jumong's Koguryo prospered even more after Sosuhno's departure and Jumong died 40 years old with his dream achieved.

I think I'll suffer from withdrawal symptoms with 3 episodes a night but the ending was so lacklustre that I think this will mitigate them somehow.

Meanwhile 100 Years of Solitude is going very good and Gabriel Garcia Marquez has a very strong and impressive prose. I'm not in love with it (the way I'm with Murakami Haruki, Jane Austen or Thomas Hardy) but it is very entertaining and being in awe of this talent, I'm enjoying the book very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment