Thursday, July 26, 2018

Lust Stories

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Lust Stories did not really interest me but after watching Sacred Games (GREAT novel, so so TV show) I realised I missed Indian films and chose this compilation. There are four films in this from respected directors. Anurag Kashyap's turned out to be fun to watch but very focused on the main actress (who was also in Sacred Games produced or directed by the same Anurag Kashyap) not that she was bad or anything but she doesn't have that particular quality that makes one arrested to the screen (for example Aishwarya Rai has that) anyway then came Zoya Akhtar's and to me she is a bit uneven but her film turned out to be my favorite. In limited space she managed to convey all the feelings and this one remained with me longer than others. Dilbakar Banarjee's is for people my age I suppose and the actors were very good however the story did not really interest me. And Karan Johar is all Karan Johar, this guy is amazing. I really like his cinematography and his ease with actors. Everyone gave a great performance and while being cute his film also had a good message and a happy ending :) (This is not really a spoiler hain?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment