Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Fantastic Woman (Una Mujer Fantástica)

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

A Fantastic Woman (Una Mujer Fantástica) is this year Oscar winner for a foreign film. I didn't know anything about it and liked it very much. I especially liked the fact that a real transgender actress played the transgender character on screen. The lead character has an older lover and they have a good relationship (she is about to move in) when he dies suddenly at night (and he tells him to stay there and goes to put something on and grab her keys and he falls from the stairs bruising himself). We slowly being to understand that this lady is transgender and is being prejudiced for it. The film has close up shots which I like and a nice cinematography (not the clean type I prefer but still good). I hope the lead actress will be able to get more roles since she was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment