Monday, July 23, 2018

Love

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Love  was not a film on my radar since Irreversable scared me of Gaspar Noe. The film he did before Irreversable, 'I Stand Alone' seemed to carry similar themes. I just chose it because it is about Love and I wanted to see how much of it was cencored. I'm happy to say that none. And it turned out that I liked it a lot. The romantic scenes (and there are a lot) are very explicit but there is a certain mood about many of them, which the director helpfully tells us, in the form of the male lead (who is an American film student in Paris - alter ego?) who says he wants to make a film where sex between people who are in love is shown. I also liked the story and cinematography and the actors who are very courageous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment