Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Dhoom 3

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Dhoom 3 was released when I got out of my Indian film phase. I was totally over it by then and never thought to check this out despite liking the franchise. Abishek and John were great in the first time and the second one is really great for unintentional laughs but Aamir is an actor I respect more than I like. And this film put me into Team Aamir big time. First of all it is a ridiculous film. Even more than Dhoom 2. The premise is not original, the script it barely there and yeah the action is not bad but not spectacular either. And I really don't care for circus (even though the one in the film is more like cirque de soleil but I don't like that either). So trapped in the flight I just wanted to see how awful it was going to be and get a few laughs at its expense but I overlooked the Aamir factor. Yes by the end of this awful film I was crying because Aamir's performance was really good. How? How? I don't know. I have no idea, I just caught in the current and went along crying without realising I was and all the while knowing how ridiculous that I was crying. Anyway I can't really recommend this but even if you don't like Aamir Khan this film is a good example of how a great actor with star power can turn even an awful film around. Not many actors can do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment