Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sangdo (Business Ethics)



Sangdo (Business Ethics) is a drama that I've come across when zapping channels. It was on the state tv but at noon time and since I was not at home at noon, I thought I'd get the dvd. Little did I know... Sangdo is even older than Jae Geum. Kim Myung Min had a bit for a few episodes!!!

Anyway the reason I liked this drama was not just because I love historical Korean dramas or that the lead actor was hot (he is not, in fact one of the villains is the one of the only two hots men in the whole drama!) but that in the episode he had to make a choice and even though he chose to do the right thing, it took him a long time to do it. The good guys are my catnip so I wanted to know more. And there was not any dvd (there was a loooooong time ago but now that are not any copies for sale) so I turned to my sister who downloads. My conscience was safe since I was not able to purchase this. However there are not any available downloads either. A colleague at work volunteered to download it but he was not able to find it either (and he is good). And it was not even on youtube with subtitles, only in Korean!!!! So I gave up on it. However God is good and I came across this on Daily Motion (a smaller, less quality youtube) and I was able to watch 48 episodes (dubbed in Turkish) Episodes 38 -39 were not there but this didn't affect me. I finished it today and am very glad I have watched it.

Im Sang Ok was apparently a real life character who was a successful merchant. So we know that Sang Ok will be alright in the end. It was an emotional ride though since Sang Ok is a morally upright, good man with not only a kind heart and a sharp ming but also a conscience. He is humble too. And I was so sad that his love life didn't go well but one can't have everything I suppose.

I highly recommend this drama only if you are into long talky sageuks or love to watch good triumph over evil.

www.dailymotion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment