Monday, October 12, 2015

The Country Girl

Photo credit: thebestpictureproject.wordpress.com

The Country Girl was chosen only because I love Grace Kelly. And she was really good in this one too. Apparently (based on various sources, some really old in my mind) this role was a bit controversial since she appeared as a non glam housewife of an alcoholic actor. Well she got an Oscar for it. Grace Kelly is one of my all time favorites and I think she is one of the most beautiful people I have seen. I'm not really interested in Bing Crosby but I liked him a lot in that role. It is not a good character (and he has such a good face, this man) but he handled it very well. William Holden is another fave of mine (ever since Sabrina, I LOVE Humphrey Bogart but liked Holden in that too).

Anyway this was a talky film (adapted from an award winning Broadway play) and I like those and watching Grace on screen usually puts me in a good mood. Recommended (even if you don't like any of the cast) 

No comments:

Post a Comment