Monday, October 26, 2015

This Is Where I Leave You

This Is Where I Leave You is adapted from a novel and maybe I should've watched that novel. Actually I wanted to watch that one since I like to watch films about American families with first world problems (Home for the Holidays, Family Stone, Four Christmases, Beautiful Girls etc.) but this one was not for me. The family is colourful with the elder brother working for the dad business who is trying for a baby with his wife who actually dated with the middle brother the first time she met them, an eccentric mother who is a writer, the middle brother who caught his wife cheating with his boss, the sister married to a business oriented man and who actually is still in love with the neighbour's adult son who is brain damaged (at a car accident they were both in when they were teens), the youngest son is sort of a gigolo of his ex therapist. Offff maybe there were too much colour but I didn't identify with any of the problems and the family ended up being more annoying than interesting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment